What is the new 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course?
Following a detailed evaluation of whether the current regulations were still effective in meeting the needs of modern business in the UK, from October 2009, the Health and Safety Executive have introduced a new Emergency First Aider at Work status and, linked to this, a new 1 day, Emergency First Aid at Work course.
How do i know if i need to do an EFAW course?
The Emergency First Aid at Work training course is most suitable for small to medium sized, low hazard workplaces.
For more information about how to determine whether the new Emergency First Aid at Work course is suitable for you we have advice about how to carry out a first aid needs assessment available here. If you have any questions you can always call on on 0207 193 2608 for advice.
Emergency First Aid at Work course content
- Vital Signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- Incident Management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse, treatment for choking
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Circulation Problems – controlling external bleeding and treatment for shock
- Minor Injuries - small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Safe best practice - minimise the risk if infection
- Record keeping – recording accidents, RIDDOR, First Aid kits, disposing safely of clinical wasteAwareness of current regulations
Can you run a course at our workplace or do we have to send people to you?
We can run in-house training at your venue for groups of up to 12. The cost of an Emergency First Aid at Work course is £590+vat which includes first aid manuals and certificates for all successful attendees which are valid for 3 years and which allows holders to act as Emergency First aiders in the Workplace in terms of Health and Safety Legislation.
You simply need a room large enough to not only seat 12 people but also to allow them to lie on the floor and be rolled around without bumping into furniture or each other (!)
React First also run Emergency First Aid at Work courses in London for individuals to attend. For upcoming dates and to book online visit our First Aid Training Calendar here.
We know all of our trainers personally and our training is consistent regardless of the trainer and the course location.
These are high quality, fun and practical courses which give all those attending the skills and confidence that they need should a first aid situation arise. We always receive excellent feedback from candidates who often find that they enjoy the day much more that they had expected.