What should be in a First Aid Kit?
There is no mandatory list of items to put in a first-aid box. It depends on what you assess your needs to be. As a guide, where work activities involve low hazards, a minimum stock of first-aid items might be:
- a leaflet giving general guidance on first aid
- 20 individually wrapped sterile plasters (assorted sizes), appropriate to the type
- of work (you can provide hypoallergenic plasters, if necessary);
- two sterile eye pads;
- four individually wrapped triangular bandages, preferably sterile;
- six safety pins;
- two large, individually wrapped, sterile, unmedicated wound dressings;
- six medium-sized, individually wrapped, sterile, unmedicated wound dressings;
- a pair of disposable glovesAdventure Travel Magazine have a great review section where they look at 6 of the best Outdoor First Aid Kits that they have found and tell you where you can get them.